Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Thursday 20 November 2014

Seagull Cottage - Ch 18: The Pettonta tie

[Year count 200]   Yesterday Cathrina and Alexander Wooblershield had most Moon District neighbours over for meet and greet. They now plan to open up for anyone, not just lodgers, couple nights every week. Offering some food and beverages, providing a few games.



When Alexander woke up, Cathrina was not there.

Cathrina had slept poorly, she was up walking several times during the night, and Alexander had noticed. But she had not told him about the phone call from Margreta Gripp yet. So how could he understand that it was Master Fernando 1-58 paying them a visit late last night, that ruined Cathrina's sleep?



Alexander: Cathy, what are you up to?

Cathrina: Morning, dear! I'm tending the grave...

Alexander: The grave...?

Cathrina: I just realized that this stone is where Gloria buried Gabriel! Don't you see? The blue flowers were mentioned in her diary. This must be where little Gabriel died. If we only knew what killed him...

Alexander: Wasn't he sick? She wrote that he was sick, didn't she?



Cathrina: Gabriel was sick, and he was never enrolled at school. Neither Priest Lavandula nor Mr. Tackott at the Library could find him in school lists. And there's no other grave. He definitely was buried in our garden.

Alexander: So this was his room?

Cathrina: Yes, obviously. If he was 6 or 7 I would have expected more kid's stuff, though. These toys are not something a 7 years old boy would play with.

Alexander: But Gloria was a bit... weird in her older days. Didn't she first clear this room, then bring some toys out again? Maybe she chose these toys randomly, just for the memory of him.

Cathrina: I wish there was a picture of him. I worry that he wasn't a normal child...

Alexander: You mean, like if MSW affected... something...?



Alexander: Gloria's diary is completed, just one more page to go...

Cathrina: I didn't want this day to arrive, Alex. I'm gonna miss reading that old diary. Well, let's get over with it...

"The garden looks horrible, but I can't go out there. My legs just won't carry me. I can't even walk the stairs, so I sleep in the blue room. It feels like I'm a lodger at my own bed and breakfast, except there is no one around to serve my breakfast. I can hear the rats in the yellow room, but I don't care. They can't come through the locked door..."

Cathrina: Hey, wait! Didn't Emma Hydront tell us that Gloria slept in the red room? Not the blue?

Alexander: Why would she lie about something like that?

"It's cold. No income in a long time... From my window I can see Gabriel on his rock. He doesn't understand why I don't join him out there. If I only had a handful seagull feathers to put under my own sheet. Or cockatoo feathers. I remember... the golden jar is upstairs, but I can't reach it... The seagulls are more noisy than ever, and it's hatching season... again..."



Cathrina: Oh... I just remember... there is a golden jar upstairs... Alex, come!

Alexander: What? You know where the feathers are stored?



Cathrina: Empty! The jar is empty, but there's traces of feathers, this is the golden box, or jar...

Alexander: I thought it would be smaller, but thinking of it, feathers would need that size... but she wrote there should be some feathers left...?

Cathrina: Don't you see the picture, dear? Great Aunt Gloria made use of those final feathers. When we moved in here, there was a seagull trapped inside the blue room... it must have been Gloria! Oh my!

Alexander: What?

Cathrina: Hold me Alex! We found Gloria without knowing it! She was in there! I'm so glad we didn't kill that bird, we easily could have!

Alexander: But how did she get those feathers if she couldn't even walk? She couldn't walk the stairs! Someone must have assisted her!

Cathrina: There's something I have not told you yet, Alex. Margreta Gripp phoned me yesterday, she told me that I might be related to Count Gustav Pettonta of Galucca... you know the guy at the castle...

Alexander: ?

Cathrina: She even said it might be bad news, and I'll meet her in Old Town later today. I'll tell you more while I walk you to the gas station.



Cathrina met Margreta at Heisserclump Bakery, just in front of the Town Hall in Old Town. Margreta had brought another woman that Cathrina recalled vaguely, Anitra Seylouse. Leader of Galucca's historical society, and working at the library.

Anitra Seylouse: Well, you ARE distantly related to the Pettontas, and yes, you shuld not tell anyone!

Cathrina: Why not? I mean, I'm not planning to claim a throne or something...

Anitra Seylouse: There is some old hate between the Pettontas and Moon District. You really need to understand this, because you are double involved. Being a Pettonta in Moon District might be more complicated than you wish for.

Margreta Gripp: Cathrina, listen carefully. Anitra helped me tracing your local ancestors, you do indeed descend from Lady Esphella. She was daughter of the first Count to settle here, exactly 200 years ago. He had 2 sons and 1 daughter, Esphella inherited Moon District which was less valued. Her brother Jonathan got the main land and became the next Count, while their brother Maurice Pettonta settled west of Gal River, and became head of the old mines and related industries.



Anitra Seylouse: Lady Esphella brought magic to Galucca, that probably caused her brother the Count, or her father, to have her killed. She had a daughter, Luphelia who married to Don Moonster of Moon District. They had 2 daughters, Gloria and your grandmother Esmia. From there, you know the rest.

Cathrina: All that is fine, I just don't undersand why this is a problem...

Anitra Seylouse: The Pettontas want to get rid of all of Lady Esphella's DNA. You are the only person alive who carry her memory. I don't think the current Count Gustav Pettonta is a mean person, but there is another person with strong ties to the Pettontas; Master Fernando 1-58. He is not related by blood, but was raised at the castle. I think he intends to get in charge of much more than his little association for alien descendants.



Cathrina: Alien descendants?

Anitra Seylouse: There are a few of them born in Galucca about 40 years ago. Master Fernando 1-58 is their leader and he is insane, Cathrina. Insane in the most dangerous way, so stay away from him! If you can.

Cathrina: But, I think he was at our door last night! He said he will stop by again!

Anitra Seylouse: Just don't tell him who you are! And try not to tell your neighbours. The Moonsters already know the conflict by heart, and the Silvers, too. I think you can turn to them for help, but do stay out of magic!

Margreta Gripp: If you ever have children, you must warn them, too! All your descendants, actually. The old curse will never fade and the warning must be passed on.



Alexander: So, what did Margreta Gripp tell you, dear?

Cathrina: Not much, really...

Alexander: Come... I've missed you all day!

Cathrina: Mmm

Alexander: We should move on... now that we are done with the old diary and all... just a couple questions remaining...

Cathrina: Move on...?

Alexander: With our lives, silly! I love you, you know. I want us to get a happy life. And I think it's time we start our family for real. Don't you agree?

Cathrina: Yeah, Alex. I agree...

No comments:

Post a Comment