Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Saturday 15 November 2014

Gloomville Diaries - Ch 19 - The swimming pool

Ochana and Chad had their hands full with 4 kids, Chad's entertainment job and Ochana's garden. The easier way to deal with it all was to arrange for away from home activities to keep the kids happy.



The older twins, Edith and Miranda slept in the library, downstairs. There were available bedrooms upstairs, and with 6 household members it would of couse be smart moving up there, but they had only 3000 Simoleons and the next set of bills were expected soon.


Edith was the one being most busy at the drawing table. She didn't spend much time there though, as she seemed to be a pretty social child. Miranda still paid attention to Drago, the big green toy animal, and she often spent time on her own.


Leading from the old library, there was a little green room. If you followed the Sims by Numbers Show, where Ochana won this house, you might recall that every night Super Sim was seated in this little room. Now the youngest twins, Pivian and Paula used this for a bedroom. All they got in there was their beds.

It's all pretty much a temporary sollution.


- And we wonderd if we could get that room? Edith asked. Ochana was exercising upstairs when Edith and Paula found her.
- You are not allowed to go up here, Edith. Those rooms are empty, and we'll not use them for a while.
- I never walked in there, mom, Edith lied. - I don't even know that that room is the biggest.
- I don't know that room, too, Paula stated.

Ochana had to giggle. - It's okay, girls. That room used to be my room when I was younger and I was on a show. It's a good room. But it will be good in a year or two, also. You'll need to wait!




Few days later, Chad had a chat with Edith, Miranda and Pivian in the dining room.

- Guess what, he asked. - Tomorrow we'll all head to a swimming pool in town! How cool is that?
- Really? Edith was enthusiastic, she really liked traveling around town with the family. Dad seemed to know about all the fun places, too! So she hugged him.


Then Ochana appeared from the kitchen, still in her sleeping wear.
- Swimming pool? she asked. She still struggled to lose some weight, but hardly successful. She didn't mind walking around town with Chad and the kids, but in a swimming pool she could not wear a lot of clothes to cover herself up. - Have fun you guys!
- Oh, Ochana, you are coming, too! Chad said. - It will be fun for us all!


- We can swim there! said Edith, turned to her twin sister, Miranda. - I can swim first, and you can watch me and learn! Ha!
- Ha, I can swim already, said Miranda. - I think!

The only one less enthusiastic seemed to be Ochana. She had to work out harder!


Later that day neighbour Agaton Oaksdale stopped by again to inspect her garden (again), and Ochana invited him inside to give her a few exercising tips. Agaton used to be a promising elite swimmer, but after he moved to Gloomville where no pool was available at that time, he focused on farming.

- It's quite normal for our age to gain some weight, Ochana. I'm getting a little bigger myself, in the wrong way. You need to exercise a little regularly, not just once a week.
- But you work hard at Willow Farm, how can you get big?
- Well, I also eat my wife's food. You know Sonia, she loves to cook and eat when she doesn't paint.

Ochana met Sonia many times. She was interested in local history, and had tried to help Ochana to understand Gloomville's past. Not that it had helped a lot.


- Agaton, there is something I don't understand, Ochana said. - I heard that something bad happened in the past, and that your farm might have been involved. I know you don't want to talk about it, but I need to know what you know...

- I don't know much, Ochana, but... Oh well, I can tell you what I know. I moved here just before your show started, my dad grew up at Willow Farm, but left it to his brother. So, I wasn't even born here in Gloomville... so why do I try to protect myself...

- Yes? Ochana waited eagerly.

- You asked about Flock... I vaguely recall that name, but it doesn't really mean anything to me. I think it might have been one of the farm workers, maybe he lived at Muggerdale hood?

- But what happened to Mr. Flock? Ochana asked.


- I really have no idea. You should ask one of his relatives.

- And who would that be?

- Aileen Gleeson. She used to live here at Glee Abode. But yeah, I know, she died some years ago.


That was too much for Ochana. Was Aileen Gleeson related to Mr. Flock? Reading her book didn't exactly give away the truth, but how about...?

Oops! Oh, bad move, pay attention to that treadmill!




The very next day the Mox family traveled to the town Gym, and Chad hurried through the building to find the swimming pool in the back yard. Edith, Miranda, Pivian and Paula followed as close as they could.


- Here we are! said Chad. - Put on your swim wear, and we're all set for a few hours in the water!


- Yay, swimming! Edith cheered.
- Yea, water! Pivian said.
- Hooray! Miranda cheered.
- Swim wear, yay! Paula shouted, before they all changed their outfits.

Then Ochana arrived.


- You are all doing well, kids! Don't drink the water Paula! Ochana watched them from a distance, hoping she would be forgotten in a minute, and then could walk upstairs to have some coffee.


- I brought your swimsuit, dear! said Chad and jumped out of the water toi stretch his trimmed body. And Ochana realised there was no escape.

Right, he and Ochana are different kinds, but that is only physically.


If her hubby could walk about wearing orange speedos and a pink diamond ring, she could certainly spend a few minutes in the water. She didn't even need to wet her hair!


But well, Chad wanted to have some fun...

- Oh... Ochana thought.


- Splash! Splash!
- Oh help, I can't swim! she screamed.
- Oh yes, you can, dear! Splash!
- Okay! Splash back!

The kids found it safer to leave the water for a couple minutes.


- Go mom! Paula shouted. - Splash back!
- Yay dad, you win!
- Can we swim again now?

Well, Chad had to leave for work, and while the kids splashed around, Ochana noticed that neighbour Agton Oaksdale was at the gym, too! She snuck inside to talk some more about Mr. Flock.


- Hello Agaton! We're having a family day in the pool.

- Good for you! Argh! Bang! Ouch!

- So I wondered if Aileen Gleeson had any relatives, still around? I need to find someone who can answer my questions regarding Mr. Flock.

Agaton stopped boxing. - No idea, Ochana. Like you know, I'm not a long timer in Gloomville. If I was in your shoes, I'd check someone at Muggerdale hood. The old farm workers obviously are no longer around, but maybe there are some descendants living there. And now I think your own descendants need you.


- What? What do you mean, they need me?

Then she turned around to see Pivian, Paula and Miranda entering the room.
- You gonna do some boxing mom? If so we'd like to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment