Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Seagull Cottage chapter 12: The Missing Grave

Catrina & Alexander Wooblershield have grown into their new role as owners of Seagull Cottage Bed & Breakfast, located in Moon District of Galucca.

So much is going on as they try to understand the past, and it's pretty hard squeezing it all into these limited updates, but hey-ho :)  Please mind that most of the Seagull updates span just one simday, while in the Galucca thread each update span more or less a year.

Yesterday they found a wall full of old family photos, and Alexander finally know about great auntie Gloria Moonster's old diary.



Alexander: What more is there?

Cathrina: Like I said, Gloria returned to Galucca to take over this place when her mom Luphelia Moonster died. Then Gloria's boyfriend followed, and they got pregnant...

Alexander: They both did...?

Cathrina: They were both involved, don't you think? And, Gloria found Luphelia's old magic book [i]Black Journal of Magica[/i], and obviously tested some spells, and joined the MSW...



Cathrina: Isn't it exciting? And a bit creepy, at the same time...

Alexander: You know I don't believe in magic stuff. But yea, I must admit your old lady sounds like a special case, somehow... sorry, I didn't mean that in the bad way...

Cathrina: That's okay, I think the woman seems a little weird, too. Now I'm most curious about their child, though. If I have family here in Galucca, I'd love to meet them!

Alexander: Sure, sweet!



Cathrina: And here's the old diary... I've read just one page at the time.

Alexander: Shouldn't we just read it all right away to get it over with?

Cathrina: No... well, I feel that would be a bad idea, not sure why... I think I simply need time to understand her, getting to know her bit by bit. Does it make any sense?

Alexander: Sure, sweet! And you know why, I'm so glad you told me about your findings, it's been kinda boring thinking you left me out. Why don't you read another page - loud? Maybe there's more about the child?

"Gabriel was born! He is adorable, and the lodgers love him, too! I try to organize my day, it's even harder to find time for all the tasks now, than it was when I was just sick and pregnant."


Alexander: So, it was a boy! Gabriel Moonster, or he probably took his dad's surname?

Cathrina: Oh, I don't even know Ludwig's surname...

"Gabriel is already a toddler, today he learned to talk a little. Ludwig has taken up painting, I dislike his work so far, but as long as he sells those paintings at the harbour market it brings in a little money, and I really shouldn't complain."


Alexander: We didn't find any of his works here, did we?

Cathrina: Nope. Must have sold them all. But maybe he was the one taking all those photos we just found? A painter could easily become a photographer, don't you think?

"Lodger Sonia Franken has become the new grump! Now she orders her meals to be served in her room, the pink room, and she complains about Gabriel crying. He cries a little every day, but not enough to upset anyone. I'm worried he might be sick, maybe the MSW can help us?"


Cathrina: No Gloria, don't use magic on the boy, take him to a real doctor!

Alexander: Stupid woman if she did!



Cathrina: You remember the seagull I tried to help in the garden? Right after we moved in here?

Alexander: Sure, but there are so many of them...

Cathrina: Well, lately I found it seems to live on the stone next to the blue flowers! Come, I'll show you, it's been there every day I checked!

Alexander: Oh, something's there, all right!



Cathrina: There it is! Do you think it's hurt?

Alexander: That's not a seagull, sweet silly! It looks ike a Cockatoo!

Cathrina: Oh, I think you're right... but that's even weirder! It doesn't look afraid, maybe we should rather keep it in a bird cage or something? It might be safer too, the snakes, I mean...

Alexander: Snakes?

Cathrina: Our neighbour, Brad Kragger, you know...



Cathrina: Mr. Hoonk, the blue room is yours! It's a little bigger than your previous room, so you will need to pay just a little more.

Hank Hoonk: That's perfect, this is my old room, well suited for a stud like me! I'll gladly pay the cost! Hey, the painting is gone!

Cathrina: It was just moved to another room. We'll get you another painting soon, if you find the wall too naked.

Hank Hoonk: Naked sounds great, Mrs Cathy! *Rrrrrr*

Cathrina was saved by the doorbell, and she ran off.



Cathrina: Yes, how can I help?

Burgina Kess: Hello, I need a room... just me, just a bed and hopefully with a private shower...

Cathrina: Oh, welcome to Seagull Bed & Breakfast! Of course we can help, please come!

Burgina Kess got the yellow room, and Cathrina was quite happy with their second lodger! Yay, half of rooms were taken already! And she did no mistakes either, she had informed the guest about the house rules, like when the breakfast is served, and how to pay. Then handed over the key. Would running a Bed & Breakfast be this easy?



A little later, Cathrina and Alexander had arrived the old cemetery, near Old Town. Cathrina had contacted old Emma Hydront, asking her to take them to Gloria Moonster's grave. There was only one problem, Emma was not sure where to find the grave.

Emma Hydront: The graveyard was full long ago, so all the organized graves were already taken by the families who lived here long ago. But I think Gloria should be here somewhere, too... uhm... you better look, perhaps among those who died without a spouse, over there...

Cathrina: But you said earlier that Gloria was married?

Emma: I did? I really did say that?

Alexander: You said you didn't meet Gloria's hubby often...

Emma: Oh, I have to run! If the grave is not here, you should talk to the priest of the Church of Similius! His name is Lavendula, but I think he must have left for the day. There are numerous urns stored underground!

Then Emma ran off, in a hurry like she often did.



They didn't find Gloria's grave in the poorly organized section for single residents. Cathrina insisted on checking some of the formal graves, and there they found something!

Cathrina: Look, Luphelia and Don Moonster! They were Gloria's parents! They are my family, too!

Alexander: Oh, but why isn't their daughter buried here as well? The other graves are packed with more than 2 stones, and there should be no problem adding Gloria in here...

Cathrina: I think I will need to talk to Priest Lavendula some day. Now I kinda worry that Gloria's death had something to do with the MSW. If we only found Gabriel, we would know.



On their way back home, they passed the gas station where Alexander did apply for a job. So, he stopped by, checking if there were news for him.

Alexander: Sweet silly! I got the job! I'll serve the gas station and bus terminal of Galucca!

Cathrina: That's great! Congrats, let's walk back home to celebrate!

So, Alexander's job would secure them some money even if the Bed & Breakfast would let them down periodically. It limited the risk, and would make it possible for them to upgrade Seagull Cottage much sooner!

Well worth a bottle of good nectar!

No comments:

Post a Comment