Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Monday 11 August 2014

Seagull Cottage chapter 10: Moon Trail

Cathrina and Alexander Wooblershield recently got their first lodger at Seagull Cottage Bed & Breakfast. Hank Hoonk is still around, and this morning Cathrina was determined on getting all the routines right. First duty was to serve breakfast at 7 AM. Not oversleeping like the other day!



Alexander: Yum, pancakes for breakfast! Will there be enough... for us, as well?

Cathrina: Of course, Dear! Mr. Hoonk will not eat them all...

Alexander: I think Tina Baby is about to grow up, I'm quite excited!

Cathrine: Alex! Get dressed, we are supposed to run this place!



Hank Hoonk: Mrs Wooblershield, this food is no good! Did you stay up all night burning these pancakes?

Cathrina: Oh, well... I'm so sorry, I tried one of Gloria Moonster's old recipes...

Hank: No, you didn't! Gloria knew how to serve a stud like me a well prepared breakfast! She never burned my food! Well, almost never!

Cathrina: Listen, we'll not charge you for this meal, okay?

Hank: It won't help much on my hunger, though... I'm off to do my Unicorn research. I need to be prepared to use my *har-har* manly strength, you know...



Alexander: You shouldn't have offered him the discount, sweet silly...

Cathrina: Why not... I don't want him to tell others about the bad food. And I better study some cooking. I heard they run classes at Salamand Bistro. Gloria was the experienced hostess, I'm brand new at this. It's not fair to compare us!

Alexander: I think you do fine! Now let's explore that trail! It starts right outside our door, I can't believe we didn't walk up there earlier!



Cathrina: Did you ever hear about MSW?

Alexander: No, why? And what is it?

Cathrina: I think Gloria was a member of MSW. I found the reference in a book...



Alexander: Why didn't you tell me? What else did you not tell about Gloria?

Cathrina: Nothing... uhm... no reason to be upset, Alex! Perhaps Hank Hoonk has heard of the MSW, I'll check with him.

Alexander: But you told me you hardly knew anything about Gloria, and now you suddenly do...

Cathrina: Let's greet our neighbours up here...



Alexander: Looks like there's nobody at home... wait, something moved... no, nothing.

Then they walked over to the next house, but again, nobody answered the door. All the houses looked occupied, how strange they never saw anyone from these households walking down the trail at Seagull Cottage. Was there another trail leading down to Old Town?

They decided to return, as Alexander had decided to go downtown to look for a job. He had noticed a gas station at the bus station, and benefiting from his work experience from Bridgeport he wanted to apply. Cathrina went back home, intending to clean the main room.



And Alexander was lucky! The old man serving Galucca Bus Station was facing his retirement, he would ask the owner of the place if Alexander could be considered for the job. Alexander left his number, and went grocery shopping before he returned to 4 Moon Trail.

While he was gone, Cathrina quickly sat down to read another page of great aunt Gloria Moonster's old diary.

"I secretly placed some stuffed toys in the spare bedroom. I think it will make a good nursery if Ludwig and I ever get a child. No luck this far, though..."


Cathrina: So you tried to get a child? Oh, did you ever succeed...? Do I have a secret relative here in Galucca?

"Oh... I think the old book is changing me! Or is it the MSW? Ludwig said I was up walking most of the night, but I can't remember a thing. There's a small cut in my finger. Obviously, I can't have done much wrong, or we would have noticed."


Cathrina: I hope you are no longer walking in this house at night...

"We currently have 3 lodgers. Mr Frank Huston (retired banker), Elvira Grump (widdow pushing elderhood) and Sonia Franken (adult, single, not really sure what she is up to during the day). I think Elvira Grump complains too much, she can be really annoying..."




So, Gloria might have had a child? Cathrina walked into one of the empty rooms, and yes, those stuffed animals were still lined up. It looked like they had been played with, not dirty, just a bit worn and tired.



Then she cleaned the big room downstairs, and walked outside to tend the new vegetable garden. The unknown plant looked dry.

Suddenly there were sounds from the next garden room, the room with the stone and blue flowers.



Cathrina carefully looked over the hedge, and on the rock a Seagull was resting. Was it the same bird that Cathrina saw some time ago? It looked rather confident, it almost seemed like the bird was visiting its favourite spot.

Alexander got back home, they had a good meal together, and he apologized for his behavior earlier. Cathrina didn't really think it should matter that much if she still kept the old diary secret. In fact, it was just her little entertainment. Maybe it was time to buy a TV set?

No comments:

Post a Comment