Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Saturday 16 August 2014

Detesters - 1 - Introduction

Hi everyone! I'm starting a new story! I need to test [insert here after reading this chapter]. The Detesters will be a laid back story, and I won't even promise a set update schedule.

Unlike many other stories, the two main characters are no longer young and promising. They are not even too cute!

Say hello to Hector and Pauline Detester!


First, say hi to Hector Detester! He's the guy gazing into his wife's camera. That is, not Pauline's camera, but Hector's now ex-wife Vera's camera. The elders are his parents, John and Sally, and the adult woman is his sister, Edith.

They grew up at Bayou Gulch Drive of Twinbrook, and were never blessed with money. Edith is the one to prove that destiny can be tricked, at least she was blessed with a husband who had money. She is now Mrs. Edith D. Frogger.


Hector and Vera had a daughter, Annie, who is now a teen. When Vera and Annie moved in with Vera's new boyfriend elsewhere in Twinbrook, Hector got to keep their house at 39 Sweetwater Loop. It's the white house, just up from the pretty steep piece of road.

It's a rather big house for a rather old, not too cute, not too blessed guy, but Hector is actually partner in a small Diner located near River Junction Beach Park. Although the pay is poor, it makes him feel well established in Twinbrook.

It didn't take long before Pauline Sands moved in, and it's now 5 years since she married to Hector.


And now, you can say hi to Pauline! You might be able to tell that she is not only mature adult and not so cute, but that she even seems a tad grumpy. And she sure is! Her total traits are Neurotic, Neat, Grumpy, Schmoozer and Frugal.

Hector is a little easier fellow, his traits are Hates the outdoors, Couch potato, Handy, Eccentric and Friendly.

The couple has no kids, and Pauline doesn't even want any. It's enough that Hector's daughter visits them occasionally - Pauline hates it when she does!

Hector: I think we could smile and wave a little!

Pauline: Oh, shut up!


Hector wants to become an Inventor. He has tried for so long, but still hasn't got himself a name. Quite too often he misreads the instructions, or he plugs the cords before the object is completed. Then he will typically spend some time reading the books - again. He is not a dumb guy, just extremely patient.


Pauline is a teacher, but she also practice some painting in their atelier. She prefers painting landscapes, and she adores butterflies.

Pauline and Hector's relation is kinda weird. She is nagging him, and he is still relaxed about it. A typical event is when Hector catches fire in the atelier.

Hector: Ai, Ai, Pauline! Help, do something!

Pauline: Oh, my beautiful nails! Well, could have been perfect, even! (She was actually admiring her wedding ring, but it's hard for us to see it...)

Hector: Auuuu, help!

Pauline: Nail, nail... oh... Hector! YOU ARE ON FIRE!

Hector: I know!


Pauline has done this many times already.

Pauline: Stay calm, Hector! Hector? Where are you?


Once again Hector was saved, and Pauline was right back to admiring her nails. Hm, she is the kind of person who couldn't care less about her nails, I wish I knew what she is up to... ah, yes, the ring! Ring-ring-ring, the cell phone rung.



Pauline: Hi, Mom... Yes, we are fine!


Pauline: Hector is fine too, all is normal... no, I'm not having craves or feeling sick...

Hm... it just struck me - in fact, Hector never looked more charming! :)


Well, so much for the introduction! I don't really know them very well yet. When this story starts, Pauling has just returned from work, finding her hubby on the coach reading the paper.

Pauline: I was fired! I borrowed a bag with pencils and notebooks, and they saw me. I'm unemployed, Hector! Argh, silly school!

Hector: Oh, that's bad, Pauline... we might be blessed, though, there is an interesting ad today. Twinbrook Imports, Inc. do hire testsims!

Pauline: Testsims?

Hector: They need households to test all kinds of imported items. We get to keep most everything we test, it might be a perfect oportunity for us, Pauline!

Pauline: Argh! How about just being unemployed for a while?

Hector: You could test a bed, or a new cake!

Pauline: Okay! I'm in!

So, this will be the story about a household testing whatever CC I do add to my game. I'm on the CC wagon again, and eventually I want to pack all my CC into a few, bigger files (I read it will improve the game performance).

Hector and Pauline got the job as Testsims!
(and I can't wait to see them testing something that doesn't work intentionally he-he :)

No comments:

Post a Comment