Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Saturday 26 July 2014

Seagull Cottage chapter 7 - Garden dinner

Last update left us with Cathrina waking up from her sleep, hearing a dump sound downstairs!

It turned out it was already early morning, the seagulls were just about to start their noisy day. Cathrina got out of bed and stopped to listen carefully several times on her way downstairs to check. If someone was down there, what would she do? Could it be the neighbour boy, Brad Kragger?

She found the doors and windows were all locked, and nothing looked different - until she entered the blue room.



Of course it had to be the blue room... but this time the action could easily be explained -  logically. The big portrait of the old lady had fallen down to the floor, and was now squeezed between the wall and the bed! It wasn't damaged.

Then Cathrina's cellphone rang!

Cathrina: Alex!

Alexander: Hi, sweet silly! I'm sorry if I woke you, I just had to call you. I miss you so much!

Cathrina: I miss you too, Alex, are you on your way? How was the gas station?

Alexander: We're completely done here, Cathy. I've made my money, and will be with you around noon. Can't wait to see you!

Cathrina couldn't help feeling that the old lady on the wall listened to the conversation, like if she cared... but why would she care at all, if it wasn't old great-aunt Gloria Moonster? Maybe Brad Kragger could identify the woman? The garden dinner was up in a few hours!



Cathrina walked up to the study, and sat down to read another page from Gloria's old diary.

"Ludwig called! He said he misses me, and I asked him to prove it by coming to Seagull Cottage for a few days! I'm not sure what to think, I was learning to like my solitude, but I miss him, too."


Cathrina: But... Alex just called, too... are you making fun of us, auntie?

"I found a strange, old book in the bookshelf, "Black Journal of Magica". At first it looked like a stupid old witch book, but it's packed with content that I find both entertaining and interesting... herb mixture recipes, and some pretty odd stuff. I think it used to belong to mom."


Cathrina: Hm... another book? Your mom's book... I forgot you used to have family around here, great-auntie...

Then there were sounds outside, from children playing, and Cathrina put the book away, got dressed, and walked outside.



Cathrina: Hello kids, do you live around here? Oh, your cat is lovely!

Sonia, the girl: Uhm... hi...? You don't live here?



Aron, the boy: You don't belong here! Who invited you?

Cathrina: I'm new here, that's right! And I love it here at Moon Trail. I'm Cathrina, are we neighbours?

Sonia: Not telling! You are a stranger! But Tina had kittens! They are soooo cute! Mom and dad said we can't play with them yet, they are so small and breakable!

Cathrina: Ah, great! Lucky you, and clever Tina!

Aron: You have many kids?

Sonia: (Aron, that's not polite!)

Cathrina: That's fine! But no kids, not yet...

Sonia: Any cats? Dogs? We know about the birds. Everyone knows about them!

Then a familiar voice was heard down the road...



Cathrina: Alex!

Sonia: Come, Aron, let's go home to check the kittens. If dad is out we might play with them!

Alexander: Hi! Oh, that's a nice cat you got there!

Then the kids with the cat Tina ran off, and Alex could embrace the one he had missed, without restrictions due to the underage audience.



A little later they prepared the meal in the garden. The chairs and table were older than Cathrina first thought.

Cathrina: I think we'll paint them!

Alexander: Sure! So you cleaned up a little in the garden... does that mean...?

Cathrina: Yes, I'm all decided. I would like to stay here, Alex! If it's fine with you of course? At least we could give it a year or so...

Alexander: Whatever you say, sweet silly.

Cathrina: Our first guests will arrive very soon, neighbour Brad Kragger and his old aunt.

She told him that old Viggo was dead, and about Brad's snakes that he promised not to bring. It was nearly 5 PM, and voices were heard at the gate!



And in walked Brad, followed by his aunt.

Cathrina: Emma?

Emma Hydront: Hello! I'm not gonna stay for long, just keeping this young man company, if you don't mind!

Alexander: Of course we don't mind, Emma! We just had no idea you were related...

Brad Kragger: My mom and Emma were sisters. Mom died long ago.

Emma: Yes, yes, so I visited Moon Trail more than once...

Brad Kragger: But she refuses to pet my snakes! Now, where's the food?



Emma: So you decided to stay? I knew it! Ever since I picked you up at Galucca harbour, I knew it!

Cathrina: Emma, do you know the portrait in th blue room? I don't think that's Gloria...



Emma: No, no-no-no! It's not Gloria! There's no picture of Gloria!

Alexander: Well... uhm...?

Cathrina: Why not? I mean, she lived here for so long... well, if the painting ain't Gloria, who is it?

Emma: It's her mother, dear, Lu...Luphelia.

No comments:

Post a Comment