Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Seagull Cottage chapter 4 - The old man next door

Cathrina and Alexander have moved into Seagull Cottage to see if they would like to stay here for good. It's already their 3rd day here in Galucca, Moon District...



Yesterday Cathrina discovered her grand-auntie Gloria Moonster's old diary. This morning Cathrina was up early (even before most seagulls were active outside), to read another quote from the old handwritten book.

"I arrived Galucca few days ago, and have just moved into Seagull Cottage. It's obvious that mother paid little interest in the outdoors, this little brick house and garden needs lots of hard work."


Cathrina: Still do...

"Don't know yet if I will like it here, but I'll give it a try for a while. I decided to grow some vegetables for my fridge, and to produce my own annuals for the garden."


Cathrina looked up. How weird, Gloria had been in pretty much the same situation that Cathrina and Alexander were facing this week. Then she heard Alexander in the kitchen, and quickly put the old book away.



Alexander: You were up early! Is that thanks to the fresh air?

Cathrina: Must be... I like the hour before the birds start their noisy business. Did you sleep well?

Alexander: Yea... not complaining. At least the old lady could afford a good quality bed. What's on today? After the cleaning, I mean...

Cathrina: Depends on the weather. I'd love to find out more about Gloria.



Alexander: So, should we replace the wallpapers, or just paint over it all?

Cathrina: Wait Alex. Let's spend the first week before we change anything. If we're selling this place, I'm sure it would be wiser to repair stuff that is no longer working, than to worry about Gloria's choice of colours.

Alexander: Selling Seagull Cottage? Longing for the city, are we? Anyway, it's not about colours, but P A T T E R N S. I'm sure we can get a better price if these patterns were eliminated.

Cathrina: I wonder how Gloria could run this place alone, even if she was married for a while, it ought to be lots of hard work. It's weird that I never heard about her hubby.

Alexander: And, didn't Emma Hydront say she never met him either?

Cathrina: She did, but I don't trust that strange looking woman.



Cathrina: Ah, you actually got the grip, Alex!

Alexander: Did you already forget that I'm used to wash cars at the gas station, sweet silly? The floor isn't very filthy though, Emma did a decent job cleaning it for you.

Cathrina: For us... I just cleaned the counter, I wonder how it would be like to serve a meal there, to the guests at my own Bed & Breakfast... We need a break, Alex, let's walk outside.



Alexander: It's such a great place... look at all the seagulls out there. Must be lots of fish for them.

Cathrina: I wonder why they seem to favor this spot. I mean, they got the entire area, the sea, still they seem to belong right here. Seagulls shouldn't prefer green land. Ha, sometimes I get a feeling they fly up here just to check on us.

Alexander: Maybe they don't like that we moved in?

Cathrina: Nah, those birds don't need a garden like this. It's a misty day, looks like there might be some rain.



Alexander: You know what made me fall in love with you?

Cathrina: No...? Wait, my yellow gloves, right?

Alexander: Nope, your dreamy sense of viewing things. You always want to give your ideas a chance. I never thought along those lines before we met.

Cathrina: So you don't regret our marriage, dear? It's been more than a year. Oh my, we're getting real adults! I hate to think of the day kids in the street will see me as that old woman, and not just that woman, you know. Kids probably think I'm stone age already...

Alexander: I wouldn't blame them, you could have been their mom, you know.

Cathrina: So, shall we pay a visit to our neighbours? Did you see anyone at all, down there?

Alexander: No, but we'll find out if we follow your idea!



They walked down the short hill, and as soon as they stepped inside the missing gate, an old man appeared on the terrace.

Viggo Kragger: Hello... there?

Cathrina: Hi, we're your new neighbours! We just want to say hello!

Viggo Krager: Of course... of course you are! I saw you the other day, and Brad... my son... said you were the new neighbours! Come on, I don't bite...



The old guy invited them inside. The house was decorated in warm colours, and although the walls were pretty calm, it was obvious that grand-aunt Gloria wasn't the only pattern lover in Moon District.

Viggo Kragger: Brad is at the library, you will meet him some other day... have you moved in... to stay?

Cathrina: We have not decided yet, but I really like Seagull Cottage.

Viggo Kragger: Ah, those birds... When I was young there were no seagulls to speak of. Oh yes... I was born in this house 85 years ago, I recall your cottage being built. Gloria's mother moved in there when she was widowed, and her girls left Galucca.

Cathrina: Oh, you knew them all?



Viggo Kragger: Ha-ha... *hark* ... yes, I met them all, Moon Trail isn't like your city, you know. Luphelia's girls moved to the city...

Cathrina: Please tell me more!

Viggo Kragger: *hark* ... not now, young lady. I need my medicine, but we'll catch up some other day. A month you said? No wait, a week. Oh yes... I know you will stop for a week to decide... *hark* so I heard.



Alexander: You were right, we got rain!

Cathrina: Such a sweet old, but weird man... did you see his ear? It wasn't even a ring, but a diamond.

Alexander: Not now, Cathy, I'm desperate to get inside...

2 comments:

  1. Moonster, Moon Trail and I won't bite.. Hmmm.? Can't wait to find out what's in that blue room and more of her grand auntie's diary! I'm also so curious about her grand aunties husband! So much mystery! I"m loving this story! Beautifully written and told. I also love the screenshots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pylia! I hope you are sewveral chapters ahead by now :) There are many more chapters to be posted this Autumn.

      Delete